PEACEFUL SLEEP WITHOUT RESTLESS LEGS
10% of the population suffer from restless legs
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Patent pending LegSense™ is different to any other formula currently available for restless legs and soothing sleep. LegSense contains herbs (valerian and passionfl ower) and nutrients that are specifically indicated for relieving symptoms of restless legs, muscle aching and cramping, anxiety and insomnia. The combination of muscle relaxants, anxiolytics, sedatives, antispasmodics and key nutrients known to be required in increased amounts by those who suffer with restless legs provides a complete support for individuals experiencing restless legs.
LegSense offers an option for restless legs that specifically addresses the possible causes of restless legs as well supporting sleep.
Valerian herb has traditionally been recommended for insomnia. Its sedative action promotes
relaxation and sleep onset and maintenance.
Passionflower herb is more specific for anxiety and restless legs, muscle discomfort and
insomnia associated with anxiety.
Magnesium is specifically recommended for insomnia and restless legs. The citrate form has been shown to be clinically effective in relieving leg restlessness and promoting sleep. Phosphate, oxide and sulfate forms of magnesium are also included in LegSense to optimize magnesium absorption and effectiveness.
Deficiencies of folate may result in symptoms of restless legs. Folate is included in this formula at a therapeutically effective dosage for the reduction of symptoms of restless legs. Deficiencies in the B group vitamins, specifically vitamins B1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 12 are also associated with restless legs and sleep difficulties. These nutrients have all been included in LegSense..
A clinical trial with subjects (males and females) aged between 20 and 75 has been completed in Australia. The aim of the study was to test the effectiveness of LegSense in the treatment of symptoms of Restless Leg Syndrome.
Symptoms and symptom relief was assessed using validated questionnaires designed to monitor the prevalence and severity of the clinical features of restless leg symptoms, quality of sleep and general quality of life. Results show that LegSense was effective in reducing the severity of the symptoms of restless legs in 80% of the participants..
• LegSense™ includes raw ingredients of the highest quality to ensure its optimum effectiveness.
In particular it includes:
• A standardized extract of valerian (Valeriana officinalis).
• A standardized extract of passionfl ower (Passifl ora incarnata).
• Magnesium in the form of citrate, phosphate, oxide and sulfate, for optimal absorption.
The formula is also encapsulated to avoid the use of excessive excipients.
• U.S. and PCT patents pending
• Hard shell encapsulated
• Available as bulk or packaged
• Packaged in units of 90
• Packaged in white HDPE tampertell bottle
• Co-branding available
|Serving size: 3 Capsules|
|Servings per container: 30|
|Amount per serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin E (Natural vitamin E as d-alpha |
tocopheryl acid succinate)
|Thiamin (as thiamin nitrate)||50 mg||3,333%|
|Niacin (as nicotinamide)||50 mg||250%|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride)||50 mg||2,500%|
|Folic acid||500 mcg||125%|
|Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin)||200 mcg||3,333%|
|Pantothenic acid (as calcium pantothenate)||92 mg||920%|
|Phosphorus (elemental) |
(from magnesium phosphate)
|Magnesium (elemental) (from magnesium citrate, |
magnesium oxide, magnesium phosphate and
|Proprietary blend||473 mg||*|
|Passionfl ower (Passifl ora incarnata) |
dry flowering and fruiting herb top
Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) dry root and rhizome
|*Daily value not established|
|Gelatin, Calcium, hydrogen phosphate, Magnesium stearate, Silica colloidal anhydrous, hypromellose|
Recommended Adult Dosage
Take three capsules daily with meals. Results are expected within 2-4 weeks.
• Baik HW and Russell RM “Vitamin B12 Deficiency in the Elderly” Annual Review of Nutrition, 19: 357-377 1999
• British Herbal Pharmacopoeia, Publ: British Herbal Medicine association, 1983
• Hornyyak M, Voderholzer U, Hohagen F, Berger M, Riemann D, “Magnesium Therapy for Periodic Leg Movements-related Insomnia and Restless Legs Syndrome: An Open Pilot Study” Sleep 21 (5):501-5051998
• Mills S, & Bone K Principles and practice of Phytotherapy, A Modern Herbal Medicine. Churchill Livingstone 2000
• Morrazoni P, & Bombarrdeli E, “Valeriana officinalis traditional use and recent evaluation of activity” Fitoterapia Vol: LXVI, No:2, pg 990112, 1995
• Werbach MR, Nutritional Infl uences on Illness 2nd ed, Third line press Tarzana, C.A,1993
• Miyasaka LS, Atallah AN, Soares BGO, “Valerian for anxiety disorder”, The Cochrane Data Base of systemic reviews, 2003, iss:4, Art.No CD004515.DOI:10.1002/14651858.CD004515.
• Zimmerman M, Micronutrients in Health and Disease, Georg Thiema Verlag, 2001:41
• Van Wyk BE & Wink M, Medicinal plants of the world, Brizapublications, South Africa, 2004
The statements in this information sheet have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
FURTHER INFORMATION AVAILABLE
• Certificate of analysis
• Stability data
• Allergen statement
• BSE free statement
• Published and unpublished research
• Product support information.